Thursday, October 28, 2010

Resurrecting My Grandma's Necklace

My grandma let me have one of her old necklaces.  Although it was in several pieces, I thought it was gorgeous.  I knew I could restore it to nearly its former glory.  A lot of the beads were missing.  In a giant stroke of impossible luck, I found the missing beads mixed in with some of her other beads in an old film canister.  After finding the collection of small beads I had enough to finish the three remaining strands...

The broken necklace and the beads to repair it.

The metal had turned black, so I changed out what I could.

You can see how the necklace originally had five strands.
Here's a comparison shot to see the metal I changed vs. the dark, older metal
 These are my progression shots.  Here is the necklace with my first repaired strand. 


The necklace with four strands...


And five strands as the original design.


No comments:

Post a Comment