Thursday, August 26, 2010

Adventures with Fishing Lures

Today's adventure  involved making a necklace with holographic lure bodies, a swing blade, and a little colorado blade.   For this project I used Wrap-It 20 gauge nickel silver wire, wire cutters, rounded nose pliers, needle nose pliers, a steel block, a hammer, and of course, fishing lures. 




I twisted some initial pieces of wire:

I hammered the pieces on the steel block to harden and flatten them a little.  Then I linked the curvy wire pieces to the fishing lures with jump rings that I also made from the Wrap-It wire. 

My first design looked good laid out, but didn't hang well when I tested it around my neck:

 

The second modified design worked better:

The necklace hung nicely and I decided to add a few more embellishments.  I was pleased with the finished piece.





No comments:

Post a Comment