Monday, September 13, 2010

Glass Icicles

Today I had another lovely day playing with my glass and torch.  I made several new things.  I think I am most proud of my icicles, however.  Once I figure out where I can get thicker glass rods, I'll be able to make even more impressive pieces (actual Christmas ornaments!!).  Ironically my first icicle looks the best, but that's probably because it was the smallest. I couldn't quite get the proportions right with such thin glass when I was trying to make it longer.  Overall I am extremely happy with my projects for the day.

My First Icicle!
Sadly, my first attempt remains the best.
My first tiger stripe bead
Another view of my tiger bead
Clear with orange and blue inside the bead, rather than just on the outside (another skill I learned)
Just a random bead to try something new
I have found a magnificent Youtube channel, which I recommend to anyone who is planning to try glass scuplture at all.  I am a big fan of TimiaGlass.  He teaches concisely and clearly.  You can't believe what this man packs into five or ten minutes.  He makes me think that my dreams of turtles and ladybugs (that I thought were so ambitious) are not only possible, but that I can far exceed them if I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment